Old August 24th 05, 04:17 AM
D. Brown

"Pred02" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,
I just bought a radio scanner (radioshack pro-83) and want to listen to
airband frequencies, however, I cannot find any on the airband. I tried
doing the scan, and even tuning to specific ones, like Boston ATC and
whatnot, but cannot hear anything.

Other frequencies, such as Police/Fire I hear just fine. I am
approximately 10 miles away from a major airport.

Am I doing something wrong, or I really have to be close to the airport
to hear them on the scanner?

Thanks.

Kind regards,
george

Hello Predo,

My 83 was deaf in the airband until I switched from the stock antenna to a
Diamond RH77CA.

The telescoping antenna that Radio Shack caries may also work as well. I did
notice that if you have the stalker turned on with the Diamond ant, you get
a lot of false captures. I would try the RS antenna, and if that doesn't
work you can always return it.

Good luck...