Old August 24th 05, 11:30 PM
clf

"John Ferrell" wrote in message
news
May be I should not post before the second cup of coffee in the
morning, but it seems to me that stable regeneration nets out to a
Q-Multiplier. Don't let me discourage your activities, you would not
be the first to find a new life for an old method.

Personally, I find myself thinking about Parametric amplifiers a good
bit these days...

On 23 Aug 2005 19:30:56 -0700, wrote:

I have built a few dozen regen receivers and they all seem to work well
enough on AM signals--some extremely well--but kind of fall apart when
it comes to STABLE reception of CW and SSB.

Has anyone ever built a solid state regen that does well with CW and
SSB? If so I would love to know how you did it (I'd even share my some
of my massive collection of radio parts with you)...before I go off and
build another dozen regens.

I have a box full of prototypes affectionately dubbed my radio reject
graveyard (or dead radio pile)...I just don't want to be up to my neck
in more prototypes before I finally get a good one.

Seriously thinking of skipping it and building a simple DC or superhet.

Bruce Kizerian kk7zz
www.elmerdude.com

I have an older - but in reasonably decent condition - Radio Shack Regen
receiver which does like 590 KC - 30 MHz - operates on 4 "C" batteries and
has a jack for external power - bought it at an estate sale. I was able to
scrounge up a manual for it too. I've used it a few times, but Regens are
not my idea of a good time. Have thought of putting it out to the public for
those who like em - but not sure yet if I'll do that. Maybe I'll give it
another shot - let it try to earn it's keep. It is small enough, I thought
about using it with a QRP transmitter and have a nice portable set up. Maybe
I'll try to tune it up per the manual. I hadn't tried that yet - the radio
became a back burner project since I bought it. Tuning "may" make a world of
difference! Who knows when the thing was last checked or if it was even done
right to start with. The thing is kinda neat looking, so would hate to get
rid of it. But, if I"m not going to use it, no sense letting it collect
dust.

clf