Old August 24th 05, 07:20 PM
Dave Heil

KØHB wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:

Carl's race for the Atlantic Division Directorship should be interesting
at the very least. Should he actually get elected, I'm sure the
seasoned veterans of the League will welcome him with open arms.

I was a tad surprised to see his candidacy announced, based on his
somewhat negative casting of ARRL in the past. As, when I was ARRL
Dakota Division Vice Director, and he sent this request to me..... "Now
why don't you do us all a favor and take your lying, stagnated, ARRL
apologist ass out of here ..."

Perhaps a leopard can change his spots.

There's a distinct possibility that Carl is a new person. We'll find
out through the passage of the time leading up to the election. All it
would take to sink his boat would be a single "Howard Dean Moment" in
responding to a hot button issue.

I was referred to as a jackbooted thug, a Nazi and worse by him in the
past. We were all treated to "beeper", "jumping through hoops", "hazing
ritual", "electronic paintball wars" and the like. I have to admit
though, that Carl's response to my recent posting of a few of his past
quotes was quite diplomatic in tone. I understand that Carl is actively
campaigning by visiting Atlantic Division clubs. If the leopard hasn't
changed his spots, it would be nearly impossible for him to keep up a
false front under, what is certain to be, intense questioning from some.

The membership of the Atlantic Division will have a chance to learn
about the views of the three candidates and that they'll make the best
choice from the information available to them.

Dave K8MN