Old August 24th 05, 05:16 PM
Alex Clayton

"Kenwood" wrote in message
news:a5POe.15473$M3.4230@trnddc05...
Alex Clayton wrote:
"Kenwood" wrote in message
news:5gvOe.11700$0U6.2449@trnddc09...

No problem it was someone here who told me about it. I ordered mine from
them online, and within a matter of a couple hours I had the tracking #
for it. Took a few days UPS ground which is included in the price, along
with insurance. If you want it faster they offer that too, but you have
to pay more. There was a few on line dealers that matched the price
shipping and all, I tried this one because they were recommended first.
If you check the 246T Yahoo group many people had equal success with a
couple other dealers also. I can't see someone paying anywhere near
$200.00 for a used one when you get a new one, complete with all the
accessories for that.

Depends if it is a I,II or a III.

Did not know there was a I or II. What's the difference? Are the I and II
more valuable? Why? Never even heard of them. Where do they sell the I
and II, and why are they worth used what a new III goes for?

It appears that the I,II or III equates to the protocall that the receiver
will accept. Check Google for the BC246T and you will see hundreds of
sellers. Price seems to be around $215 or so.

All I can find is BC246T III. I "think" if someone told you there was a I or
II, they either were just making it up to have a laugh at your expense, or
you just made it up because you don't know what these are. The "III" seems
to be "third generation Trunking Scanner". It does not look like there is
any such thing as a BC246T I or II. As to price they are all over the place.
Obviously some people are careless enough to pay more for a used one than
they could get a new one with warranty for. shrug Hell if anyone wants to
buy some new ones for $250.00 or so I hope they let me know. I will be glad
to sell them new ones in the box for that, since I can buy them for $214.00,
and less. G
--
"Stupidity should be painful"