Old May 26th 04, 03:46 PM
Van Gardner

Al, I ran into a similar situation when the power cord on my old 8mm
movie projector failed. I had a lot of PC parts in my shop and
replaced the socket on the projector with one from a dead PC power
supply and used a PC power cord. I don't think there will ever be a
shortage of them in my lifetime.

Van Gardner

Al Schapira wrote in message ...
I'm looking for a replacment power cord for an RCA WR-67A Test
Oscillator (signal generator). On the connector end, it resembles a TV
"cheater" cord, and has a standard two-pin AC plug on the other end.
(Modern cheater cords don't have the desired pin spacing.) The pins are
approx .125" dia spaced approx .333". Overall the connector is approx
.82" x .43". I believe that the same connector was used on several
different RCA units.

Neither the original manufacturer (Belden) nor the subsidiary they sold
their power cord business to (Volex) have it or can suggest a source.
I struck out at RS and my local parts place.
So, if anyone out there has such a cord, or a parts unit with cord for
sale, please speak up.

Here are pictures of what I need.

http://home.att.net/~a.schapira/pix/parts/PICT0008.JPG
http://home.att.net/~a.schapira/pix/parts/PICT0008.JPG