Old August 25th 05, 02:33 AM
Henry Kolesnik

There's a good article in Jan/Feb 2004 QEX by WD5HOH for A Cascade
Regenerative Receiver with two regen stages. The article covers what must
be done to achieve stability with references to other regen articles.

--

73
Hank WD5JFR
wrote in message
oups.com...
I have built a few dozen regen receivers and they all seem to work well
enough on AM signals--some extremely well--but kind of fall apart when
it comes to STABLE reception of CW and SSB.

Has anyone ever built a solid state regen that does well with CW and
SSB? If so I would love to know how you did it (I'd even share my some
of my massive collection of radio parts with you)...before I go off and
build another dozen regens.

I have a box full of prototypes affectionately dubbed my radio reject
graveyard (or dead radio pile)...I just don't want to be up to my neck
in more prototypes before I finally get a good one.

Seriously thinking of skipping it and building a simple DC or superhet.

Bruce Kizerian kk7zz
www.elmerdude.com