Old August 25th 05, 12:01 AM
Alex Clayton

"Ted Griffin" wrote in message
My old Uniden (BC855XLT) finally died last week. It did me just fine for
many years and now, trying to replace it gets more confusing every day.
One guy says I need trunking, another says triple trunking, yet another
says they'll be coming out with quad-trunking soon. I'm considering the
BC898T at around $200 but wanted to run it by here first. Good choice?

--
Griff - Whose clear conscience is undoubtedly the sign of failing memory.

What you "need" is to find out if what you want to listen to is now, or is
planning on going digital. The Radio Reference page makes a great place to
start. If what you want to listen to is mostly 800 Trunked there are a
couple great choices, but if you need digital the Trunking will not help.
I have a BC246T and love it! They do not get Mil Air, which I don't care
about. They run $215.00 delivered to your door and are a very good compact
scanner.
--
"Money is truthful. If a man speaks of his honor make him pay cash."
:Lazarus Long