Old August 25th 05, 05:18 AM
Roy Lewallen

hasan schiers wrote:
Now that is interesting, Roy. I was going to put up a 160 m inverted L this
summer. I am limited to only being able to go up about 45 feet, so I would
need about another 90 feet horizontal.

Are you suggesting that it might be a better arrangement to go up the 45'
and then put up the top "T"?

It might be. You might benefit from the radiation from the horizontal
portion of an L, and you might not. But if it's quite low, the radiation
will be mostly straight up, and a fair amount will be expended warming
up the ground. Neither will occur with a T.

If so, roughly how long should the top part of
the T be (each side of center) to get me to 160?

That's just what antenna modeling programs are for! Dust off your EZNEC
and you'll have the answer in minutes.

. . .

Roy Lewallen, W7EL