Old August 26th 05, 03:15 AM
dansawyeror

Roy,

Is there an EZNEC howto. I have tried to use the demo a few times and can't seem
to get started. I tried to model a simple dipole and a center loaded vertical
and got very lost.

Thanks,
Dan

Roy Lewallen wrote:
hasan schiers wrote:

Now that is interesting, Roy. I was going to put up a 160 m inverted L
this summer. I am limited to only being able to go up about 45 feet,
so I would need about another 90 feet horizontal.

Are you suggesting that it might be a better arrangement to go up the
45' and then put up the top "T"?

It might be. You might benefit from the radiation from the horizontal
portion of an L, and you might not. But if it's quite low, the radiation
will be mostly straight up, and a fair amount will be expended warming
up the ground. Neither will occur with a T.

If so, roughly how long should the top part of the T be (each side of
center) to get me to 160?

That's just what antenna modeling programs are for! Dust off your EZNEC
and you'll have the answer in minutes.

. . .

Roy Lewallen, W7EL