Old May 29th 04, 03:57 PM
Mike Coslo

TK41C wrote:

To those who attended: What were your impressions of the the hamvention this
year? Even though a few more tickets were officially sold over last year, I
would guess that the flea market was down at least 25%. Certainly, the weather
did not cooperate, especially on Saturday.

Flea was down a bit. However, I noticed that there was more radio stuff
compared to last year. Quality was up a bit.

I also noted a few of those vendors bailing early. The solution to that
should be simple. I would note that this has become a flea market trend,
ham or otherwise.

Is eBay permanenetly eroding into the Hamvention fleamarket?

I think otherwise. It's a cycle. The biggest problem extending from Ebay
now is that some people seem to think that their old junk is worth more
than new stuff

Good foreign attendance this year, with hams from the UK,Canada, Germany, and
of course, Japan.

I managed to stop by the new Fair Radio store in Lima and was amazed at the
size of the place over the old location. Naturally, Japanese hams were there to
survey anything made by Collins.

What is the deal with that stuff anyhow? It can't be "worth" what
people are paying for it.

Will you return next year? Comments welcome.

Of course, I had a great time.