Old August 26th 05, 12:41 AM

Dan/W4NTI wrote:

First off asking for a CW only segment is not all that
far fetched.

It's actually a very good idea.

I have
been trying to work on 40 cw ever since the ARRL came
out with the latest
"gentleman's agreement" of allowing digital to operate within
the CW ranges.

?? I'm not sure what you mean, Dan.

For decades it's been legal to operate "digital modes" (RTTY, PSK31,
etc.) everywhere in the non-voice parts of the HF ham bands. Including
40 meters.

I dunno which gentleman's agreement you mean, but the ARRL
"regulation by bandwidth" proposal is just that - a
proposal, nothing more. Needs more work IMHO.

Total failure.

Well, I just worked a K4 station not far from you. Nice QSO. Neither of
us had high power or big antennas, but we did fine. 7037 kHz. Morse
Code, of course.

btw, there were many Morse Code signals on 40 between 7000 and 7050 -
and it's not even dark out yet.

So why should I expect anything better?

Well, I hope for the best.

See you in 40, Dan.