Old August 26th 05, 11:13 PM
Richard Harrison

Ken Bressler, KG0WX wrote:
"I was looking for an antenna for my LF/VLF converter."

Over the 10-400 KHz frequency range, there are propagation variations
between night and day. A tuned loop antenna of the type often used in MW
broadcast radios also works in other frequency ranges including your
converter input.

The tuned loop is small in terms of wavelength, yet it can improve
signal to noise ratio from its frequency selectivity and from its
directional characteristics. It can be an air-core type or be wound on a
ferrite rod.

I won`t speculate why ken hasn`t destroyed his converter with his HF
transmitter.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI