Old August 27th 05, 02:36 AM
krackula

On 26 Aug 2005 16:03:00 -0700, "
wrote:

yeah, I have scanner and slicer connected to serial port. now , I just
want to get "stream" of bits, I guess. at this point I don't want to
decode anything. I think this step should be same for any type of
transmission?
thanks.

any of those handy serial port monitor programs similar to
Link Ferret , and the zillions of others, will look at what you have
going into the serial port OK. shouldn't be a problem.

like these ........
http://www.hhdsoftware.com/sermon.html
http://www.aggsoft.com/serial-port-monitor/

if you happen to know the serial datastream is supposed to be
handy ascii , then an old trick is to connect an old dumb terminal
to the slicer to take a " cheap " look. using some of those
generic " terminal programs " ( like comes in MS OS )
and setting them into raw download mode or dumb terminal
mode will do about the same thing without fiddling with switch
settings. good luck to ya ..... sounds like phun ........