Old August 27th 05, 05:18 PM
Fred W4JLE

100 foot of wire on 1700Khz is not a correct length antenna. It is unlikely
that your "part 15" device is matched to the new antenna, and may be worse
than the legal antenna that came with it.

You did not mention what you were using as RF ground.

"Pirate Radio" wrote in message
ok guys the station is on the air i set the freq on 1700. and a very
long wire ant . about 20 ft high over 100ft of wire damm took most of
the day to set the post in i could only put in a big loop had my other
pirate pal to help me take care out there in radio land from alabama
radio