Old August 27th 05, 08:31 PM
John Smith

John:

How do you figure anyone here is for lowering standards?

We are for bringing standards up-to-date and getting rid of archaic,
seldom used methods and "historic concepts."

No one is for reducing standards... indeed, how could standards fall much
lower than where they exist now? Amateur radio is already decades behind
technology... that should be nothing less than totally obvious--well,
other than to the the totally clueless...

John

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 15:18:41 -0400, John L. Sielke wrote:

Polymath wrote:
Your Childish Broadcast (CB) below serves to
classify you.

Those whom you mention who are operators but
who are non-technical are the CBers whom I warn
against in the FAQ.

Ham Radio is not about operating - that is CB Radio
including CBers-Masquerading-As-Radio-Hams whom you
repeatedly mention.

I have never "ranted" on the Internet - I have only
posted sincere and genuine concerns about the decline
in Ham Radio by the influx of the very Childish
Broadcasters (CBers) that you typify.

If you have indeed been around for as long as you
claim, then you should know better than to enjoin
an international public forum in the rather
silly and infantile style that you adopted.

Shame on you.

Stupid boy.

Dr. Anton T. Squeegee wrote:

In article . com,
says...

What is Ham Radio?

snippety

Having read this thread, I must agree with the assessment that lowering
standards will NOT help Ham Radio. In the USA, the ARRL is doing its
best to turn the HF bands into an email forwarding facility, by pushing
regulations that will allow PACTOR II and III, used by the PROPRIETARY
SCS Modems, and Winlink, across ALL the bands. Soon there will be
nothing but robots, relaying email to and from the internet. Anyone who
can get a cereal-box license and is willing to spend $1000+ for the
modem, as well as whatever an HF rig will go for, will be able to use
the "ARRL HF Internet Service Provider."