Old August 28th 05, 04:28 AM
John Smith

K0HB:

Interesting...

All I know from observing the elements, electromagnetic spectrum and
the nature of things is that nature never creates symmetry (well,
crystals and spheres), never creates extremely complex designs, machines
or beings--indeed, the only argument and/or example anyone can possibly
pose is us--or rather, life on earth.

I would find one believing you can throw a handful of glass, plastic,
metal into a mud puddle--come back a million or so years later and start
pulling out microwaves, cell phones, amateur equip., etc... as all of
those are much simpler, we can make those ourselves!

I find it strange men have designed a whole complex theory explaining how
it can happen and stating they have "proofs", and yet we are the only
"proof", and really no proof at all to the original question--i.e., we are
simply proof we exist, not how we came to exist...

In my personal opinion, evolution is nothing more than a religion, and one
needing a leap of faith to participate in...

Nature is a prime example of decay, destruction of complex chemicals,
reduction to the base elements--devolution if you will... but then, some
would argue black is white...

If I was forced to guess, a beginning without the intervention of an
intelligence with a plan I would venture is impossible, someone obviously
"made" us...

John

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 03:11:38 +0000, KØHB wrote:

"John Smith" wrote

Then again, even if it a "mud puddle god" which is now on his/her/their
way to us right now, we may not be able to tell the difference between
them/it and a/the supreme being(s)--or perhaps, "God forbid!", they did
create us and now study us from a "duck blind"...

In the beginning, God created the earth, and he looked upon it in His cosmic
loneliness.

And God said, "Let Us make living creatures out of mud, so the mud can see what
We have done." And God created every living creature that now moveth, and one
was man. Mud as man alone could speak. God leaned close as mud as man sat up,
looked around, and spoke. Man blinked. "What is the purpose of all this?" he
asked politely.

"Everything must have a purpose?" asked God.

"Certainly," said man.

"Then I leave it to you to think of one for all this," said God.

And He went away.

--- Book of Bokonon, Chapter 1, Verses 2-4