Old August 28th 05, 01:07 PM
hasan schiers

Dan,
I appreciate your reply, but it is filled with misinformation. Consider
reading some reference materials. The errors have been discussed in other

I don't mean to insult you for trying to help, but the information you
provided is so incorrect, that I couldn't let it pass. I hope no one
attempts to make use of what you said...it will only compound the error.

I asked simply is it worth it? (in terms of loss). Wes had the calculator
software that showed the loss is insignificant, so it saves the
work/complexity at the base of the antenna. Radiation from the feedline is
not a function of mismatch. I'm surprised Reg didn't go apoplectic over that
one.

The tuner in the shack will do the job nicely.

....hasan, N0AN
"dansawyeror" wrote in message
Since you are talking about 50 Ohms I assume you are talking about a
transmission line. If that is the case you should definitely match the
feedline to antenna at the antenna feed point. Any attempt to match the
feedline with a tuner in the shack only turns the whole feedline into part
of the antenna system. By doing that you have lost any good work in
building the antenna.

Dan

hasan schiers wrote:
I found the error, I had to fix two conditions that I had changed in the
model:

Copper wire (for loss)
Ground characteristics

Now that both antennas have the same conditions, the T has ever so
slightly better gain at 20 degrees than the Inverted L. Not enough to
bother with the increased complexity, and the input Z is now down around
5 ohms for the T and 8 ohms for the L.

Now, is it worth matching the 8 ohms up to 50 at the feedpoint, or just
using the tuner in the shack to take care of it? (coax feed, LMR-400,
about 50')

...hasan, N0AN

"Roy Lewallen" wrote in message

John Ferrell wrote: