Old August 28th 05, 02:43 PM
Frank

wrote in message
II have recently purchased a satellite receiver (ASR WS201) and I am
having little success in getting it connected. I don't know if this is
the correct place to seek such help, but I'm giving it a try anyway.

I am located in East Anglia in the United Kingdom. According to the
satellite location map I should be pointing south and low. I'm having
no success in getting any signal at all and I would like to at least
decide whether it is my equipment (in which case is it the antenna or
the set) or is it a problem with the area I am in.

I have no experience with satellite stuff and I would be grateful for
any pointers about simple tests that could be carried out, or at least
where I could go for help. I have tried the home page for the AMI
website but there are problems with that also (www.amisb.co)

Thanks

John L

Satellite dish aiming is very critical. You must know the precise position
of the desired satellite, and then calculate the required azimuth and
elevation for the dish. More than a degree or two off, and you will get
nothing. Try http://www.satsig.net/ssazelm.htm There are many other sites,
just Google "satellite dish aiming".

Regards,

Frank