Old August 28th 05, 06:17 PM
Richard Clark

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 12:08:07 +0100, wrote:

I am located in East Anglia in the United Kingdom. According to the
satellite location map I should be pointing south and low. I'm having
no success in getting any signal at all and I would like to at least
decide whether it is my equipment (in which case is it the antenna or
the set) or is it a problem with the area I am in.

Hi John,

These things take a lot of patience and knowing where the satellite is
in the sky. "South and low" is not very distinctive, and there in the
UK you are not expected to aim at the horizon, but rather some 35-45
degrees above (which would be low, compared to directly overhead).

I have no experience with satellite stuff and I would be grateful for
any pointers about simple tests that could be carried out, or at least
where I could go for help. I have tried the home page for the AMI
website but there are problems with that also (
www.amisb.co)
Perhaps because you are missing the full URL:
http://www.amisb.com/
rather, you need to go to:
http://www.worldspace.com/coveragema...ennaguide.html
an notice what they mean by low and South East instead (towards the
Sudan-Uganda-Congo).

If there is anything in the way, you won't get your signal.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC