Old August 28th 05, 07:07 PM
Jerry Martes

wrote in message
II have recently purchased a satellite receiver (ASR WS201) and I am
having little success in getting it connected. I don't know if this is
the correct place to seek such help, but I'm giving it a try anyway.

I am located in East Anglia in the United Kingdom. According to the
satellite location map I should be pointing south and low. I'm having
no success in getting any signal at all and I would like to at least
decide whether it is my equipment (in which case is it the antenna or
the set) or is it a problem with the area I am in.

I have no experience with satellite stuff and I would be grateful for
any pointers about simple tests that could be carried out, or at least
where I could go for help. I have tried the home page for the AMI
website but there are problems with that also (www.amisb.co)

Thanks

John L

Hi John L

I suppose you know that the satellite is above central Africa. That
means that the antenna needs to be able to have a clear view of that point
about 22,300 miles above the equator in Central Africa. The antenna with
that receiver is not extreemely directional. Set the antenna in the South
East angle in the Low position.

Did you Google on Worldspace?

Jerry