Old August 28th 05, 07:14 PM

From: John Smith on Sat 27 Aug 2005 22:29

Len:

Just answer me one thing. Is it just me who sees "them" constructing
control-freak rules which work at 180 degrees opposite anything conductive
to experimentation and research in new protocols, equip, methods, etc?

Not just you, John, but thousands are realizing it. They are
speaking up on it in regards to WT Docket 05-235. They began
seeing all the wool pulled over their eyes back in the 1980s
when the no-code-test movement began in earnest among amateurs.

I mean these rules are beginning to look a bit like a religious cults',
and deal with the proper form, how to conduct yourself, the status quo,
the "amateur class system", proper worship of "Radio Gods", belief
systems, etc....

I've tried to show that years ago, only to be met with extreme
resistance by the Believers, the acolytes serving the Church of
St. Hiram, the self-styled self-propelled Heroes of the Hams.

THEY claim territorial imperative. THEY are da boyz in da hood
ready to gang-bang anyone intruding on their sacred turf and
changing it.

If so, I might try a few of those lotus-blossoms myself! This chit gets a
bit old fast!

Believers can't be turned off by logic or reasoning.

The only answer is prolonged deprogramming to remove the last
vestige of their brain-washing suds.