Old August 28th 05, 10:05 PM

From: Dave Heil on Aug 28, 9:04 am

wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
From: on Aug 25, 2:42 pm
K4YZ wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
Frank Gilliland wrote:

It has been quite varied and quite mild considering Len's typical
insulting demeanor. What Jim hasn't done is to prevent or attempt to
prevent Len from making those comments.

The PCTA, including Jim Miccolis/N2EY, immediately set upon
discrediting Len's comments and opinions.

Correct. Questioning or discrediting is not what you claimed. What you
said was that Len wasn't permitted to comment. You were incorrect.

Tsk, tsk, tsk...Heil sails the river denial again.

In the end, if they cannot
lay waste to Len's comments with rational argument(s)...

I've seen any number of Len's comments made to look like the product of
one who has little experience.

I have "little experience" in toadying up to self-styled
"masters of radio" who pretend to know the answers. I have
LOTS of experience in being around such. You are just one
more in a long line of self-assumed masters of radio.

...they claim that
his opinions are simply no good because Len isn't a ham.

Sometimes Len's opinions are no good because they are issued because he
has no experience in amateur radio.

"No experience?" Is amateur radio different from all other radio?
Tsk, tsk. NO. ALL radio is subject to the SAME physical laws.
Only MAN-MADE laws differentiate "amateur radio" from all other
radio.

Heil has NO EXPERIENCE in regulating radio, of controlling those
MAN-MADE laws. Ergo, Heil has NO EXPERIENCE in law-making policy
concerning radio!

To repeat: NOTHING in the laws establishing the FCC require any
staffer or Commissioner to hold an amateur radio license grant in
order to REGULATE U.S. amateur radio. By Heil's reasoning, the
FCC has "no experience" in regulating amateur radio. Obviously
it does. Just as obviously, Heil's personal opinion is invalid
in reality.

Sometimes his opinions are no good
because they are the rantings of a geezer with an ax to grind.

"Geezer?" "Axe?" :-)

That from a former employee of the U.S. government supposedly
involved in "diplomacy" who demands that all newcomers to
amateur radio test for skill in a 161-year-old primitive
communications code?

"Geezer:" Dictionary definition is "Noun, slang, an eccentric
olf man." Tsk, tsk, that applies to HEIL more than I. :-)

Heil is NO youth. His youth was left behind many years ago.
Heil keeps defending the "necessity" to test for morse code
skill for an amateur radio license. The morse code test for
an amateur radio license has NEVER left U.S. amateur radio
regulations...a length of time longer than Heil has been
alive (71 years). Heil has shown NO valid reasons to retain
the code test in U.S. regulations; his main comments on that
is to act uncivilly to all who propose eliminating that code
test. That fits "eccentric" far more than my wishes to
eliminate the OLD, unnecessary morse code test.

Heil fits the "geezer with a (blunt) axe" to grind far better
than I. He refuses any change, will not give in to progress
in regulations.

Often,
he makes factual errors and there have been numerous times when he
deliberately fabricates.

Nonsense. I do not "often make factual errors." Google archives
will show that.

I fabricate electronic hardware sometimes. Some of that involves
radio. I fabricate other physical things as well. What I do NOT
fabricate is specious, illogical, emotional DEMANDS that ALL
must follow Heil's dictates in amateur radio regulation changes
(or "unchanges" in Heil's apparent viewpoint).

I have NOT "fabricated" what I've said about beginning in HF radio
communications in (what I term) the "Big Leagues of Radio" over
a half century ago.

I have NOT "fabricated" my personal references in experience in
radio. They are still alive and licensed radio amateurs.

I have NOT "fabricated" any of my work experience, have listed
my past employers in here. Anyone can check those out
independently.

Obviously one other in here HAS done considerable "fabrication."

I need NOT "fabricate" things with deliberate omissions of facts
in order to make a point...nor do I need to "fabricate" opinions
of others who deliberately try to demean, denigrate, or insult
my person just because I have opinions different to them. I need
only refer to the overall history of radio-electronics available
to all who care to look. Not like the ARRL deliberately leaving
out other radio services activities in attempting to "prove" that
amateurs "pioneered all radio."

David Heil/K8MN is a primary culprit in that tactic, but Jim has used it as
well.

Oh no, I've by no means been "a primary culprit", but I have
participated over a period of years.

4,022 posts as of 25 August 2005 according to Google archives.

Len isn't involved in amateur radio.

Neither are any FCC staffers or Commissioners required to have
amateur radio license grants in order to REGULATE and ENFORCE
U.S. amateur radio.

Sunnuvagun!

He wraps himself in bunting and writes of his Constitutional
rights of free speech and to petition his government.

I wear rather conventional clothing and eschew "bunting."

Yes, I am a citizen of the United States of America and choose
to exercise my RIGHTS (guaranteed under the Consitution) as I
see fit. Heil has a "problem" with that?

Well, he has done those things.

Amazing observation. Heil has "monitored" ALL of my actions?
He has a dossiere of what I have done? [wouldn't put it past
a control-freak to do that kind of "stalking"]

Nothing on this planet can prevent me from lauging at him
or ridiculing him or his ideas.

Nothing in this universe can prevent ME from laughing right
back at the ultra-conservative geezer called Heil...and
exposing his dictatorial viewpoints on who is "allowed to
express themselves" in this free society.

Len writes of being denigrated or
insulted by those who do not agree with his him but he often insults and
denigrates those who have the opposite point of view.

Poor baby, don't like it when return fire is stronger than
your attempted character assassination shootings at me? :-)

He is quick to tell others that they are not discussing amateur radio
policy, then he goes on a multi-post rant having everything to do with
personalities and nothing to do with amateur radio.

WT Docket 05-235 (now before the FCC and all citizens) is about
nothing else but the morse code test for a U.S. amateur radio
license. Is discussion of that "ranting?" I think not.

Discussion, debate, argument about a test for GETTING INTO U.S.
amateur radio is "ranting?" When it comes to specious, invalid,
illogical, emotional, subjective "reasons" for its retention IS
"ranting." By the PCTA.

The NCTA want to OPEN UP U.S. amateur radio, to all who care to
get into it, NOT restrict entry by some old, outmoded, dictatorial
and arbitrary barriers which the FCC themselves have said is
unneccessary. Heil keeps on RANTING that those old, outmoded,
dictatorial, arbitrary reasons are "valid" yet has presented NO
proof to qualify them. All Heil has presented are a number of
personal insults directed to those who oppose him, as below:

You, of course, are Len's little electrolytic acolyte.

I do not know Brian Burke personally. We live 2000+ miles apart.
By all his words in here, Brian Burke has demonstrated that he is
HIS OWN MAN, not some "acolyte" or "little electrolyte." You
insult him and myself in saying he is some kind of "acolyte" to
my thinking. FREEDOM is not a "cult." It is the basis for the
creation and continuation of the United States of America.

That Brian and I SHARE THE SAME VIEWPOINT of yourself is due to
YOUR words. You do not regulate U.S. amateur radio, have never
been in any position to do so. All you have done is to keep an
amateur radio license grant for four decades. Many others have
done so for longer.

I repeat once again: The FCC does NOT require any staffer or
Commissioner to hold an amateur radio license grant in order to
REGULATE and ENFORCE U.S. amateur radio. YOU are NOT a regulator
or enforcer of U.S. amateur radio; only a wannabee dictator who
has no more power than any other U.S. citizen, licensed or
unlicensed. Try to adjust to that very real FACT.