Old August 28th 05, 07:54 PM
D. Brown

"Buzzygirl" wrote in message
My 83 was deaf in the airband until I switched from the stock antenna to
Diamond RH77CA.

The Diamond RH77CA is an excellent scanner antenna, much better than the
short stock duckie of the Pro-83. I just picked up the RH77CA for my 83
and
lo and behold, it "hears" much better now on all frequencies. I got the
antenna at Universal Radio. I would suggest that Pred02 pick up one of
these
as it will probably make a noticeable difference in reception.

Jackie

I really like this antenna. I purchased 3 of them from Universal Radio. I
originally bought one for my VR500, thought I lost the first RH77CA so I
ordered two more. Found the first one under the seat of my car after the
other two arrived, so I have now replaced the stock antennas on 3 of my
radios.

It really brings the bands to life, even HF. Well definitely better in HF
than the stock antennas are.