Old August 28th 05, 09:43 PM
jamoran

what you can receive is a function of how much power the target
transmits with. I am not far from KPHX airport but some frequencies I
can receive easier than others.....I would bet that they transmit with
different power outputs... even when I am at the field, some frequencies
are louder than others...

the best place for plane spotting and airport scnner listening at KPHX
is on the roof of either the terminal-3 or terminal-4 garage.

the tower is right next to terminal-3 and they are building a new tower
and tracon facility just east of termina-3

D. Brown wrote:

$69.00 the Radio **** I mean Shack web page show it at $119.95

Day after Thanksgiving day sale. It was on sale for $69.00

PRO-83 Compact Handheld Scanner with Signal Stalker and Skywarn Button

$119.99 Brand: RadioShack
Catalog #: 20-501 Model: PRO-83

"Skywarn Button" a button to warn you if the sky is falling :-)

It still needs an antenna 20' above the roof of the house to hear an
Airport 10 miles away.

I live 14.73 miles from our airport, with the Diamond RH77CA on my Pro-83 I
can hear the Tower, Approach and Departure as clear as day.

If he wants to put "an antenna 20' above the roof" I'm sure he could hear
the Airport, but I don't think it's necessary.

--
That Other George