Old August 28th 05, 05:04 PM
Les

dxAce wrote:
Hearing a phone patch at 1318 on 13927.1 from one of the Hurricane Hunters. A
crewmember of TEAL 64 was calling home. Said already made several passes into
Hurricane Katrina and it was getting worse. Stated that they would probably make
one more penetration before heading to Houston.

That may explain why TEAL 55 was over Texas yesterday. My guess is that they
probably evacuated their aircraft out of Mississippi since Katrina may track
there.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Yeah, they flew the Hurricane Hunters Squadron at Keesler A.F.B. out
ahead of the expected hit in this area.

I am "Mission Essential," so will be there from 4pm this afternoon for
the duration it seems. I'll be in the Civil Engineering EMCS bunker. My
family is safe in Florida.

New Orleans will probably disappear in many areas as they are below sea
level.

Les Locklear
Monitoring since ' 57
Located on the Gulf of Mexico