Old August 29th 05, 12:53 AM
John Smith

Len:

Let me see LID, you mean "Licensed IDiot" ???

John

From: K0HB on Aug 28, 1:31 pm

wrote

[sorry, Brian, I know you like Kehler, but he was NOT kind,
gracious, or anything else civil to me...as old archives show]

That's why a lot of folks like him.

Absolutely...even when he wrote the following:

"HAM RADIO OPERATORS ARE INTROVERTS - In most cases, FACT. It's
much easier to speak your mind on the 75 meter Goober net than
it is to stand up in front of a group of real people and do it.
Meeting a ham in person whom you've talked to on the air for a
long time is usually an eye opening (and sometimes heart
breaking) experience. Most times you'll find that the mental
image you've created of a person you haven't met gets shattered
when you do finally meet them. If you've been talking to John
Wayne on the radio and you're finally going to meet him at the
flea market, don't get your hopes up. In years gone by, hams
fell into a few well known categories - A1 Ops, Lids, Kids, and
Space Cadets. Today those categories have changed. Most hams
can be classified into one of three commonly found groups -
Freaks, Jerks, and Wierdos."

[quoted direct from some beloved opinion at
http://kh2d.net]

So, Hans, which one are you? Freak, Jerk, or Weirdo? :-)