Old August 29th 05, 03:43 AM
Frank Gilliland

On 28 Aug 2005 05:54:46 -0700, "K4YZ" wrote in
.com:

Frank Gilliland wrote:
On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 13:23:00 GMT, Dave Heil wrote
in et:

Okay. Maybe you're a slow learner or perhaps you just have no sense of
remorse. You told us that you weren't a model Marine.

Feel free to speculate all you want about my service.

It's not speculation...You were incompetent.

Quite the contrary, Dudly: my proficiency marks were consistently
high; it was my conduct marks that took a couple nose-dives.

But there's one big difference between me and Dudly
that you can't seem to comprehend: I'm telling the truth. And that's
something I am most definitely proud to admit.

So, the truth is, according to you, that Steve isn't a Marine or that
he's lying. That's an assumption made by you and you've offered no
proof, just accusations.

You haven't been paying attention, Dave. I tossed out several tidbits
of info that he would know if his claim was true, but he tripped up
and proved that he knew -nothing- of what I was talking about.

Bull. Just plain bull.

Yada, yada, yada. See below.

Now what I don't understand is why you are so passionate about Dudly
when this discussion has absolutely nothing to do with you. Is he your
butt-buddy? Or are you afraid that you are next in line to be exposed
as a military imposter? Why is his business -your- business, Dave?

I challenge you to expose me as a "military imposter", Frank. Make it
your life's work. As far as your last comment: read up on how usenet
works. After all, how did Steve's business become *your business*?

I see you missed that part, too. I was in here on a totally different
issue when someone mentioned that Dudly was a Marine. So I asked him
when he served and what units he was with -- a really simple question.
Heck, it's not like I was asking him his SSN or something. But that's
the way he acted. Up went the red flag. Ever since then he's been
tripping over his tongue and frothing like a rabid dog.

Now that I have answered -your- question, just why are you defending
him with such passion?

So far you've "proved" nothing except that YOUR trivia isn't
necessarilly someone elses, and even then you've so grossly discredited
yourself as to make ANY argument lost.

Wrong again, Dudly. Neither of my disciplinary actions resulted in my
discharge. I fulfilled the full term of my contract. But after two
court-martials my conduct marks were just one tenth of a point too low
for an honorable discharge so I got a "General under Honorable". And
here is where I know that your claim to have upgraded your discharge
is bull**** -- because I -did- upgrade my discharge. (Warning: long
story.....)

Back in early '85 I injured my knee on a forced march. The corpsman
wrote me a light-duty chit that was to stay in effect until I could
get to the mainside (Lejeune proper) hospital to have it checked out.
But before that could happen we were to go on a field-op. Since I was
on light-duty I wasn't supposed to go on the op, but the shop chief
(comm shop, not the tech shop) took the chit, put it in his desk and
ordered me to go anyway. Since the chain of command was already in the
field I couldn't request mast, so I refused the order. He then ordered
me to serve on mess duty while awaiting office hours, which I also
refused (since I was supposed to be on light-duty). The result was a
summary court-martial, a month in the brig and reduction back down to
private. And a big hit on my conduct marks.

Shortly afterwards I was transferred to 2nd AAV where I was finally
allowed to get my knee examined at the hospital. Being an RN and/or
LPN you should probably know what a torn lateral -and- medial meniscus
means -- pain! Simple orthoscopic surgury fixed it up right as rain.
And it also vindicated me of the shop chief's "indiscretion" (as it
was called in his reprimand).

So after I got my 'general' discharge I challenged my conduct marks
based on getting shafted by 3/8's shop chief and won. In the process I
learned quite a bit about how a discharge is upgraded; i.e, a general
discharge cannot be upgraded to honorable unless there are mitigating
circumstances -- circumstances such as mine -- that caused the wrong
discharge to be issued. You can't get it upgraded just by asking, for
being a good citizen after your discharge, or for any other reasons
not related to having been given the wrong discharge.

Now a medical discharge is also a "general under honorable" discharge.
If you wanted to upgrade -your- discharge then you would have to show
that the reasons for your general discharge were wrong; which, in your
case, is utterly ridiculous since the reasons were medical. You even
went one step further and claimed that you are "USMC Retired", which
is absolutely impossible unless you served your full 20 years, which
you couldn't possibly do if you had been discharged prior to 20 years
for medical reasons. And it's impossible for you to have taken two
full years of terminal leave since a) you would have had to serve 24
years without taking -any- leave, and b) they didn't permit anyone to
accumulate more than 90 days leave on the books -- you either use it
or lose it.

So all those claims of yours about your discharge are completely
bogus, Dudly. They have absolutely no foundation in reality.

Loser. Hoser. Poser.

That's Frank of Silliland.

Coming from a retired Marine Corps gunny, that's pathetic. If you are
going to continue this "truth-by-repitition" charade then at least get
someone to ghost-write your posts so you don't sound like a 3rd grade
dropout.