Old August 30th 05, 01:01 AM
Mike Coslo

KØHB wrote:
"Michael Coslo" wrote

Seems like people are doing a bit of stretch on what I am talking about here.

No stretch at all, Mike, when an educated fella says

" I do not believe that one way transmissions should be legal on the amateur
bands.

"Period."

That "period" business doesn't seem to leave any room for exceptions.

"One way' is "one-way". Period.

"Yes Officer, I saw the sign with the arrow, and I was only going one way!"

Yeah Hans, You are right. I really meant any transmission that does not
elicit a return transmission. This means no control signals, no polling
receivers and transmitters, nothing other than humans talking or beeping
to each other. No sub-audible tones, nothing to make a machine on which
you want to talk to another do something that aids in that talking.
Yeah, that is what I meant. I don't consider those one way transmissions
because they aren't IMO.

Have fun!

- Mike KB3EIA -