Old August 30th 05, 02:27 AM
Buzzygirl

"Al Klein" wrote in message

From memory, so I sincerely hope no one blew up their Pro-34 on my
account.

Heh, don't worry. I haven't gone out to buy an adaptor for the ol' girl yet.

I'm fairly impressed by the performance of this older scanner. I live in a
populous metropolitan area, made up of two fairly large cities (Minneapolis
and St. Paul) and many smaller cities (grand total of the Twin Towns and
their 'burbs is almost 3 million now). Hennepin County (the most populous
county in the state, which includes the city of Minneapolis) is using
trunked radio, but I've heard nothing terribly interesting coming out of
there so far on my Pro-95. The St. Paul Police Department is still using UHF
and the local state patrol car-to-base is using VHF. Lots of action between
just those two entities.

So, having used it for a few nights now, I can say that the Pro-34 works
quite well, and picks up everything my Pro-95 and Pro-83 picks up, even with
its stock antenna.

I dunno... I may keep it, or I may sell it, but probably not on eBay. I
don't have a seller's account there, and don't really care to set one up
just to sell one item.

Jackie