Old August 30th 05, 11:09 AM

K4YZ wrote:
wrote:
Frank of Silliland wrote:
On 28 Aug 2005 05:54:46 -0700, "K4YZ" wrote in

Since the chain of command was already in the
field I couldn't request mast, so I refused the order. He then ordered
me to serve on mess duty while awaiting office hours, which I also
refused (since I was supposed to be on light-duty). The result was a
summary court-martial, a month in the brig and reduction back down to
private. And a big hit on my conduct marks.

It's all becoming very, very clear.

Was the shop chief an "A" NCOIC with a God complex?

It wouldn't matter.

Says the "A" NCOIC with a God complex.

Frankie took a spill over one of his own "trip ups".

Did he trip over seven hostile actions? Or was that you?

A Marine has the RIGHT to Request Mast to HIGHER headquarters
irrespective of the consent or advice of the lower level command.

That his "chain of command" was "in the field" was irrelevent.

He had recource. He didn't pursue it.

Obviously the OIC of the Court Martial wasn't impressed with
Frankie's story, either. USMC Court Martials don't like having
judgements overturned on appeal anymore than civilian courts do, and
had Frankie had VALID reason for refusing an order, they would have,
at the very least, returned the issue back to his commander for Article
15 (Office Hours). Seemingly he HAD that reason. There's more to the
"big story" than Frankie's telling of it...

Steve, K4YZ

You've got is bass ackwards. Anyone offered Article 15 has the right
to refuse it and go to court instead. Once it goes to court you will
be judged there.