Old August 30th 05, 03:18 PM
John Smith

Give up on the argument for time. We measure time by the spinning of the
earth. Our most accurate way of measuring time is an atomic clock, it
measures how many atomic particles are given of by a decaying sample of
radioactive material, when so many particles have been lost--we say a
certain amount of time has passed--rather crude really.

We have even developed convoluted methods to use light as a clock,
however, under different conditions (gravity for one) or though different
materials not even light always travels at the same speed, and theoretical
physicists already know light may move at, at least slightly different
speeds in different parts of the universe.

Anyway, what all these methods have in common are movement, even the
atomic particles moving away from the radioactive sample. If you attempt
to capture time in a bottle you only end up with a moving object in that
bottle...

.... there is absolutely no such thing as time, it is a figment of our
imagination which allows you to get to work on "time"--time is very
useful--but time is not real ...

John

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 22:44:19 -0700, Cmdr Buzz corey wrote:

KØHB wrote:
"Cmdr Buzz corey" wrote

So where did all the matter in the universe orginially come from? If it had no
beginning, the it just "was". If it did indeed have a beginning, the what was
before that?

Since there was no universe, there was no time. If there was no time, there
obviously was no "before".

If there were no time, then there could never have been anything, since
it would take even the smallest fraction of time for the "big bang" to
begin.