Old August 30th 05, 11:18 PM

Dave wrote:
I am thinking of buying the Ameritron 600 watt solid state amp and was
wondering what opinions you all may have of it. Thanks

Make sure your antenna can handle 600 watts, and presents a near 50
ohm resistive match. The 4 MRF150 fets do not like mismatches on their
output. They are $125 each, and can fail, even tho they have VSWR
protection in the Amp. If you don't abuse the Amp it will do well.
I have never owned one, but homebrewed an Amp that was identical.
Since this is an antenna group, let us know what you intend to use.
Gary N4AST