Old August 31st 05, 01:11 AM
hasan schiers

I've had mine for about 5 years and love it.

I highly recommend getting an LDG AT-1000 auto antenna tuner for it. Makes a
really slick combination and pretty much assures a flat load for the amp to
see. (Assuming you don't need 160m as the LDG doesn't do 160).

I tried some real torture tests on the LDG and it has been amazing...like
feeding a 40m inverted V on 80m....terrible idea and a rotten antenna...but
the LDG matched it right up. Very few auto-tuners can pass that particular
test.

The ALS-600 has excellent protection circuits. I have tested them on several
occasions when not paying attention. The load fault circuitry works very
well.

I have no reservation about recommending the ALS-600. I use it on both SSB
and CW, even RTTY at reduced power. I have used a TS-870s, FT-847 and
TS-2000 to drive it and had no problems. IMD measurements on PSK31
indicate -30 dB with the ALS-600 running 200w output, driven by the TS-2000.

Have fun. 73
....hasan, N0AN
"Dave" wrote in message
I am thinking of buying the Ameritron 600 watt solid state amp and was
wondering what opinions you all may have of it. Thanks