Old August 31st 05, 06:16 AM

From: Jim Hampton on Aug 30, 6:12 pm

wrote in message

Today's Scorecard in the NCTA v. PCTA Amateur NPRM Opinions!

snip

I personally am not concerned about code/no code. My problem is how easy do
they wish to make the multiple guess test.

NPRM 05-143 is concerned about elimination/retention of the
morse code test for amateur radio licensing.

If you have a bitch, moan, cuss-word, or whatever about the
written test questions, you just contact the VEC Question Pool
Committee. The VEC QPC make up ALL the written test questions
and answers. FCC no longer has a hand in that, they only approve
(or disapprove) the Pool.

Frankly, folks that don't have
to work for something seldom appreciate it.

I personally am not concerned about some "work ethic" or "moral
virtue" bullsnit or its holier-than-thou sounding phrases.

I've WORKED for my living since graduating high school. Spare
me some of that folksy filosophizing floobydust, okay?

Didn't they find that out with welfare?

You mean the WELFARE system that rewarded the high-rate morsemen
with fancier titles and better privileges, such as in the
"incentive plan" licensing system? Yes. It worked very well,
didn't it?

Then again, I might be wrong.

No, the "incentive plan" worked very well for the welfare of
the morsemen. They got real big and important, looked down
their noses at the "mundane" and felt good. Made the "class
distinction" thing into a fine art.

But, it kind of went sour with R&O 99-412, didn't it? FCC made
code test rates 5 WPM maximum and cut the number of license
classes in half! My, my, what a calamity to the super-special
ultra-extra-morsemen!

If you gave away the licenses with no test at all (no test international?),
a lot of folks might well say "no" and a lot of the rest wouldn't appreciate
it anyways.

Gosh, REALLY? Wow, gee-whilikers, Captain Code, is that true?

Just my humble opinion.

Hardly. Hardly "unbiased" either. :-)

If you don't like what I publish in this "scorecard," then you
welcome to go read all 1967 comments on WT Docket 05-235 that have
arrived by midnight EDT on 30 August 2005. Do your own stats.
It's easy. Anyone can do it. Just takes a little work. :-)