Old August 31st 05, 03:00 PM
dansawyeror

If it is true it proves that a driving a "bad" load can cause the coax feedline
to radiate a significant portion of the feed energy. At this point I am not sure
what word to use other then 'bad', but I due intend to perform experiments to
measure and verify what is happening and the model.

Dan

Cecil Moore wrote:
dansawyeror wrote:

Below is a link to a site that claims to model coax radiation from a
dipole.

http://www.smeter.net/feeding/feedpowr.php

Please note that the third wire to ground creates the unbalance
that causes feedline radiation. You seem to be confusing cause
and effect. The cause of the feedline radiation is the existence
of that third wire, not SWR. All it proves is that feedline
radiation is caused by that third wire path which unbalances
the source currents.