Old August 31st 05, 02:45 PM
Bill Sohl

"an_old_friend" wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
RST Engineering wrote:
Nobody ever claimed that it is a dead mode.

cut

"Obsolete"? Morse Code is the second most popular mode
in HF amateur radio.

When are you going ENGLISH

Obsolete is not useless, ask the marines from Leyte about the
uselessness of the obseltete Batteships tat rendered gunfire support

Why are there written exams with questions on electronics for
those who chose not to build their radios?

Indeed I ask why there are so many question about electronics on the
tech pool as I try to teach them to my partner.

Same old tired analogy. PLEASE...if you want electronics taken
off the written test, then say so. Failing that, your wasting your
time and effort dragging up this tired argument.

I also question the real need to memeroize band edges and even pieces
of the band plan in general pool I am reading now

I actually agree that memorizing band edges is a waste. Far
better to have a schart of the bands, beand edges and
permitted uses and then ask questions which have the
test taker use the chart as a resourse to answer questions.
Band edges are dynamic and change over time.

but neither of these issues is anoything but a smoke screen
cut

Yup, Jim's smoke screen anyway... :-) :-)

Cheers,
Bill K2UNK