Old August 31st 05, 09:29 PM

From: "an_old_friend" on Wed 31 Aug 2005 07:09

Dee Flint wrote:
"Michael Coslo" wrote in message

K=D8=88B wrote:

cut
No. With the dropping of Element 1, code testing can now be self taugh=

t=2E
Get on the air, and find someone who will QSO wit ya. And no anyhow.

With the dropping of the code testing, it will be even more important to
have the code practice transmissions. There will be fewer Elmers availa=

ble
to teach those wish to learn.

What? is there a part of the NPRM I missed like carting off the Code
users to some kind of death camp?

Mark, it is The End Of Amateur Radio as the morsemen know it.

Their Krystalnacht was sounded with FCC 90-53 of 15 years ago.
Their Burning of The Reichstag was FCC 99-412, the R&O for
Restructuring...5 WPM morse maximum and cutting classes in half.

The ending of code testing will not reduce the number of code using
hams.

Rumor has it that Black and Decker, Makita, and other tool makers
have begun development of a device to remove code keys from cold,
dead fingers, to be sold to morticians.

Time may do that though the actions of the grim reaper and the failure
of Code users to recruit others to replace them, but I doubt that will
kill CW USE or learning of the mode

Morse will never die as long as there are space-faring aliens
who will invade Terra but counter-attacks will be coordinated
by Mighty Macho Morsemen working secret (from aliens) morse code!

Further with computers and programs in existance today any one that
wishes to make the attempt to learn Morse Code has the tools to do so

Oh! The Ideological Conflict! Digital machinery of a very
complex nature to TEACH their "most simplest, effective, low-
power, basic communications skill!"

Woe to the Morsemen! Let their Tennysons to be exclaim in
memoriam, "Look upon my [code] works, ye mighty, and despair!"