Old August 31st 05, 04:24 PM
FDR

"Michael Lawson" wrote in message

"David" wrote in message
On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 10:00:21 -0400, "Michael Lawson"
wrote:

"David" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 21:47:59 GMT, "-=jd=-"

wrote:

It would be one thing if they were looting food, water or

medicine.
But I've
heard reports that they are looting jewelry and electronics!

-=jd=-

That's why they call it ''loot''.

Yeah, but something tells me that the jewelry or a PSP
will not come in so handy when they need food. That
sort of loot becomes an albatross when you need to
escape, and kicking everyone out of NO means that
they won't be able to hang onto their ill gotten wealth.

--Mike L.

They have been abandoned. They are scared and irrational.

Perfectly
human response for those who have no hope.

They have not been abandoned. A significant portion of
them chose to stay for whatever reason, and given the
lack of power and other items in NO, they are probably
not aware of how bad things are beyond the next day
or two.

Those who simply could not get out tried to go to safe
locations as best they could, and are making do as best
they can.

It also would not surprise me in the least that a portion of
the people who stayed decided to stay to see if they
could loot.

--Mike L.

I kind of feel sorry for those looters because they will probably die
because of lack of food. But it's their bad choice.