Old September 1st 05, 12:08 AM
Steveo

Vinnie S. wrote:
On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 12:02:38 -1200, "just me"
wrote:

"U-Know-Who" wrote in message
.. .
I would like opinions on the best agency to donate money to. Actually,
I have heard many not so good things about the Red Cross. I have heard
the Salvation Army is much more humanitarian based. Any opinions?

The ARC kinda blew it during 911. They ended up throwing away several
(hundreds I believe - if not more) pints of donated blood that they kept
insisting was needed. I believe they also bumbled cash donations as
well. Seems to me, the head was called in to a hearing to ask why they
screwed up. My personal dealings with them - the "workers" are ok - the
administrators I've dealt with, were in short - ass holes.

jm

That is the problem I had. After 9-11, they were donated so much money,
that they went out to purchase new computers systems.

Vinnie S.

I sent $100 to the salvation army, fwiw, I'll send some more soon.

They shouldn't re-build some of that stuff, and I hope none of my donated
money goes to those looting ******s I've seen on TV.