Old September 1st 05, 03:43 AM
Buzzygirl

wrote in message
oups.com...

You might consider starting a "bug out bag". If some local event,
like a train wreck with a hazmat leak, force you to evacuate your
home it is nice to be able to evesdrop on what is happening.

I have my old PR034, a Sangen ATS909, a really ancient IC-2AT
(Ham HT), and other usefull items, in a water proof bag ready to
"deploy".

Excellent ideas; thanks for the reminder. I've been telling myself that I
need to set up a "go" bag for some time now.

I have enough radio-related items to fill a bug-out bag, and then some. All
I really need is to get a decent waterproof backpack and put the stuff I
have into it. Need to buy some more batteries though; lots more batteries.
Perhaps a portable power supply as well.

We don't have any seismic or even many weather-related emergencies where I
live, but I do live one block east of a busy railroad track, and who knows
what those cars are carrying besides multiple graffiti tags.

The Pro-34 looks kinda bride-of-Frankensteinish compared to my other rigs.
Cool in a retro way, but not as cool as the 1930's Philco cathedral radio
that's also next to me. I like the juxtaposition of these two retro-rigs,
one on either side of me as I'm typing this. :-)

Jackie