Old September 1st 05, 04:32 AM
Michael A. Terrell

Honus wrote:

wrote in message
There is a big giant about sixty or seventy feet tall pecan tree in my
front yard that has a big giant fork that almost touches the roof over
my living room area and a tree just like it in my back yard that almost
touches the roof over my bed room area.Last Monday morning,doggy and I
sat out the storm in my dining room,I figured if any of those trees came
crashing down,we would dive under my dining room table and trust to
luck.We sat there untill about 11:00 PM Monday night.I was scared
s..tless! If I had to do it all over again,in hindsight,we would sit it
out in my car in my driveway.

Not a good idea. You're -much- safer in your house than you would be under
that thin metal car roof.

You're right. There is a post on mews:rec.antiques.radio+phono that
mentioned a man being killed by a branch that fell out of his pecan tree
in Meridian, Ms. He was in his yard talking to neighbors when he heard
it start to break off. His neighbors ran one way and he ran for his
house, but he didn't make it.

--
Link to my "Computers for disabled Veterans" project website deleted
after threats were telephoned to my church.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida