Old June 13th 04, 05:10 AM
W4UDX

If you are using the "tune' position, it may have a built-in power reducing
circuit to allow the user to tune-up the TX without burning the 6146B's.
Try checking the output with a CW key-down......

73

W4UDX

"Frank Krozel" wrote in message

Morning all,
I snagged a TS-520S yesterday.
It has 1/2 output, and suspiciously, the white lamps seem dim.
HV seems to be at 950V (with heaters off) and with heaters on 925v in tune
(ssb)
In Tune, it drops to875v, at 125mA
At 125mA I get 55 watts out.
Driver tube swapped out and seems to be good, as I get the same results

with
another tube.
Was there a 50watt switch inside the radio?
I seem to remember that there was an internal 50/100 watt switch.
Don't have a spare set of finals.
Power seems consistent on all bands with 50 watts out.
Any comments?
--
Best Regards, Frank