Old September 1st 05, 08:30 PM
Twistedhed

From: (Frank=A0Gilliland)
I'm cross-posting this to rrap since there

seems to be a bunch of horn-tooting hammies

there who think that ham radio has the

emergency comm thing all wrapped up.

Obviously they dont:

-
Rock on! Hope all the hammies are into helping when they can.

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 16:28:42 -0400, (I
AmnotGeorgeBush) wrote in
:
This was on the Hurricane Katrina forum:
K DeStefano - Alton, IL
I am from Diamondhead, MS. I evacuated with my 3 children to my parents
home in Alton, IL. I have a finace and his family down there in
Diamondhead that rode out the storm. They need help with supplies. They
barely made it due to the water coming in the house and they had to flee
to the second floor. There are two elderly people with them and 4
teenage kid's and a5 other adults. Please let me know how I would have
access to a ham radio operator from here to Miss. my phone in Illinois
is 618-466-1392