Old September 1st 05, 08:37 PM
Rob Mills

"Lucky" wrote in message

So are you saying the GE Super Radio II {2} is the best one GE makes for
shortwave??

Can you please elaborate on why the radio impressed you so much? What are
the features that make this radio still talked about today?

I have the Super 1 (7-2880a) and it beat the socks off of my early (I
assume it's an early one since I have had it for about 10 yr) Super3. The
one pulls in MW stations that the three wasn't even getting. Never use it
for FM so can't evaluate the FM side
As near as I can tell there are only minor differences between the one and
two, the two has a tweeter which the one's do not. The very early one (mine)
does not have external antenna connections while the later ones and the two
do.
I also have Radio Shacks attempt to copy the GE Super and it isn't even in
the race, actually it sounds like a radio with a squelch that is set quite
deep, it's just another nice sounding portable that's good for local use
only. RM~