Old September 1st 05, 11:33 PM
Mark S. Holden

Most of the people left behind in New Orleans
are
Black and Poor...

If this had been a red State city city full of affluent white people

would the response have been different ??

Given that most of the residents of New Orleans are black, I'd expect
most of the ones "left behind" to be black.

I imagine we'd have worked just as hard to help them if they were white.

But who besides you cares what color they are?

But many of the people who are still there chose to stay when they were
warned to get out.

One of them is Fats Domino. Hopefully, he and his family are OK.