Old September 2nd 05, 04:47 AM
Frank Gilliland

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 01:15:18 GMT, "Dan/W4NTI"
wrote in
et:

"Cmdr Buzz Corey" wrote in message
Dan/W4NTI wrote:
I hope you folks can give a listen to HF during this disaster. It is
amazing how Ham Radio has stepped up to the plate and is providing
Communications where the Commercial infrastructure is destroyed.

7290, 7285, 14.265, 3935, 3873, 3965 and many others I am sure.

I'm listening to a young lady right now with the Baptist feeding unit in
Biloxi Mississippi on the Alabama net frequency of 3965 passing messages
to family and friends outside of the disaster area.

Such as "Daddy were alright" Don't worry have not been able to call
before.

And this is for you Len Anderson......take your anti-ham crap and shove
it.

Back to work, thanks to you all for the help you are providing.

Dan/W4NTI

Ask frankieboy to turn on his SeeBee and tell us all about the disaster
traffic they are handling.

This just came over 3965...

On 3965, KB7BSA is with the Baptist feeding unit in Biloxi MS.

She just passed this along after sending out 40 Health and Welfare
messages.....

" Ham radio is all there is for communications. Police, Fire, Rescue,
Emergency Services, all of them using Ham Radio, there is NOTHING ELSE
that works"

I've always said that ham radio has it's usefulness in certain
situations. This is most definitely one of those situations. But I
have no doubt whatsoever that every -other- mode of communication that
works, radio or not, is being used to it's fullest limitations.

And for some glory seeking hams to declare themselves and their
service to be the exclusive 'heros de jour' is absolutely repulsive,
especially while the situation continues to erode and people continue
to die.

Let me make this -REAL- clear to you, Dan: It's not about ham radio or
any other radio service. It's about the people that are suffering in
this disaster. So instead of thumping your chest while standing on a
pile of rubble and dead bodies, how about you hero-wannabe hammies
show a little dignity and set aside your self-aggrandizing delusions
for a little while?