Old September 2nd 05, 04:42 AM
Al Dykes

In article ,
Max Power wrote:
Radio France International (RFI) broacasts in French to US? None.
There are none that I am actively aware of.
Sadly, St. Pierre & Miquelon were never used as a relay station bases to
North America.

-- Only 100 kw is needed to cover North America from the Atlantic Time Zone.
-- At least 2 x HR 4/4/1 transmission antennas [standard for shortwave
broadcasting] could have covered the US and Canada, provided that they were
used simultaneously to create a 120 degree beam.
-- This broadcast antenna design is essentally what RNZI uses at Rangataki
Relay Station.

Can anyone advise me as to the best chance to hear Radio France Int'l
on the East Coast US. Freq / time? Their web site is hard to figure
out. If anyone has info on this, I would appreciate it!

If your goal is to listen to the programming RFI is on at least one
NPR affiliate, WNYE-FM 91.5 . They don't stream. Maybe it's on another
affiliate that does.

--
a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.