Old September 2nd 05, 04:39 PM
Michael Coslo

Cmdr Buzz corey wrote:

John Smith wrote:

In fact, it was this professor who first told me to look either for
angels
or aliens--before he finally settled on the angels (intelligence NOT from
a mud puddle as you could ever find upon an earth-like planet)...

I just flat do not know what to think, it is all too impossible...
perhaps the answers are out there...
X-Files-theme-plays-in-the-background

... or, perhaps there is a very simple explanation we just have not
thought of--yet... any guess is as valid as another...

John

The balance between the universe (as we know it) existing and not
existing is very delicate. Take the gravitional constant (the force of
gravity). If the gravitional constant were larger, stars would form no
bigger than the earth and would burn up in a very short time (less than
a year). If the gravitional constant were smaller, expansion of matter
would proceed at such a fast pace that gravity could not keep stars
together and ignite nuclear burning of their cores.

So how did this force of gravity come to be just the right amount of
force to allow creation of stars and planets? By accident or by design?

A question not likely to be answered anytime soon, if ever, but curious
minds want to know.

Sure enough.

Of course, the only uninverses that could allow sentient beings to
exist are those that emerge with conditions that do indeed allow that.
There is some thought that embyonic universes may pop into existance all
the time, but most have conditions, constants if you will, that do not
allow for their continued existance.

This may mean that in the universes that can exist, the conditions will
probably be similar enough that life can also exist.

Gotta love it!