Old September 3rd 05, 03:19 AM

Michael Coslo wrote:
Cmdr Buzz corey wrote:

K=D8HB wrote:

"John Smith" wrote

In fact, it was this professor who first told me
to look either for
angels
or aliens--before he finally settled on
the angels (intelligence NOT
from
a mud puddle as you could ever find upon
an earth-like planet)...

The only thing that I can think of which is more
impossible to believe
than "mud became man" is angels that just "were".

So where did all the matter in the universe
orginially come from? If it
had no beginning, the it just "was".
If it did indeed have a beginning,
the what was before that?

Maybe nothing.

Most humans consider time to be something that goes from
here to there, giving meaning to concepts such as "before",
"after", "simultaneously", etc. Such a timeview is based on
their experience, limited as it is.

But consider this:

Go outside on a clear night and look for a star. Suppose for discussion
sake you look at a star that is 300 light years
away.

From our point of view, the light you see originated at the star in the

year 1705, and has been traveling to the Earth for three centuries.

But from the point of view of the photons that make up that starlight,
*no* time elapsed between the creation of the photons at the star and
their end on your retinas. No time at all.

How can the same thing have two so completely different times of
existence?

(note that in this context "light" means EM radiation of all
sorts, from "radio" to gamma rays)

Personally, I suspect that answer may be hard to come by.
My own
beliefs are that we are going to have to meld Big Bang
and Steady State
together.

Big Bang has still not found Proton decay, which to me
is a fatal flaw.
Steady State as it was thought of in the past, just
doesn't hold up to
what we know today.

Certainly the idea of pre-Big Bang "foam" is interesting,
but of
course, what was there before the "foam"? Was there a
previous universe?
Given that the conditions and constants of the Universe were
set by the
Big Bang, there isn't much doubt that any previous universe
would have been much different.

Maybe - or maybe not!

One thing we assume - IOW, take completely on faith - is that
the "laws of physics" are time- and place-invariant. We look at
light from distant quasars and galaxies that has come to us from
billions of light years distance and time, and we *assume* that
the laws of physics are exactly the same across all that time
and all that distance.

We assume it because there's no evidence to the contrary.

So maybe the laws of physics do *not* change from Big Bang to Big
Crunch to Big Bang II, etc. Perhaps they are truly eternal and
omnipresent...just as the Supreme Being is described to be.

That doesn't mean the Supreme Being is only the laws of physics.

Where might the energy from these
universe/singularity/universe/singularity/universes have come
from.

Perhaps the quantum world may give us some answers.
Perhaps zero point
energy may have played a part.

Exactly.

Or maybe there's a whole bunch of physical laws yet to be discovered.

Consider how recently concepts like relativity, electromagnetism, and
this thing we call radio have been understood by humans, compared to
the age of the earth or the amount of time humans have lived on it. And
in such a short time, some folks think they
have it all figured out? That's almost funny!

73 de Jim, N@EY