Old September 3rd 05, 12:42 AM
SeeingEyeDog

Recently read that the WWL transmitter site has a one month fuel supply.
If the generator can hold out that long!
After that it's pffft.

"SeeingEyeDog" wrote in message
"Tony Calguire" wrote

Does anybody know when they eventually came back up, and what the story
was?

In my sleep stupor I heard the announcer this Tues. morning at around 5AM
Central state that they had enough diesel fuel to run generator power for
another 24 hours and that he didn't know how they were going to be able to
deliver more. He didn't say if he was referring to the studio or the
transmitter power. Mentioned he and staff sleeping on the floor but will
carry go on.
Many mention of people's cell phone batteries going dead about now and no
power to recharge.